Asbestos is highly dangerous for properties, as well as, the occupants of the building or property. Also, asbestos exposure is much more common than you would think. Even if you are exercising precautions, asbestos exposure might occur.
You might be wondering why asbestos was used in the first place if the material is so hazardous. The reason is asbestos is a material that is resistant to fire and heat, and it is a highly durable and flexible material. This is why it was widely used in construction in the UK.